Having announced his arrival on the scene with synth-soaked street banger My Time and provided a case study in hip-rock done right on the Freelance Whales-assisted 1st Floor, Gilbere Forte’ has already proven that he can conquer pretty much any rap subgenre he pleases – the only question is, which will it be this time? If you haven’t guessed from the title, I Know My Love finds the Philly resident venturing into “R&B-informed relationship jam” territory, spinning a bittersweet tale of love gone sour over his and co-producer Raak‘s pop-appealing yet intriguingly unpredictable synth boardwork. In addition to lending a hand behind the boards and lacing the track with some characteristically deft flows, the artist acts as his own hookman, delivering smooth chorus vocals wreathed in glittering harmonies. Is there anything this man can’t do? Fans can discover the full range of this buzzmaker’s talents on his 87 Dreams mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date, but you’ll know as soon as we do.
Written by richard on 07/7/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.