Having announced his arrival on the scene with synth-soaked street banger My Time and provided a case study in hip-rock done right on the Freelance Whales-assisted 1st Floor, Gilbere Forte’ has already proven that he can conquer pretty much any rap subgenre he pleases – the only question is, which will it be this time? If you haven’t guessed from the title, I Know My Love finds the Philly resident venturing into “R&B-informed relationship jam” territory, spinning a bittersweet tale of love gone sour over his and co-producer Raak‘s pop-appealing yet intriguingly unpredictable synth boardwork. In addition to lending a hand behind the boards and lacing the track with some characteristically deft flows, the artist acts as his own hookman, delivering smooth chorus vocals wreathed in glittering harmonies. Is there anything this man can’t do? Fans can discover the full range of this buzzmaker’s talents on his 87 Dreams mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date, but you’ll know as soon as we do.
Listen to More: Gilbere Forte'
Written by richard on 07/7/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)