If you’re a rapper there’s a lot of things for you to be on. If you’re Big Boi you’re of course on that Krytonite, if you’re Drake you’re simply On One (whatever that is) and if you’re Gilbere Forte you take a much more mellow approach and state I Be On (My Chill). No stranger around these parts – see also his work on our Uncontested EP and his exclusive freestyle – the Philly emcee is known to switch styles like Hugh Hefner switches girlfriends and I Be On is no different. Hell, the beat alone is a lesson in versatility as producer Raak fluctuates between hazy synths, pounding drums and, perhaps most powerfully, near silence. On the mic Mr. Forte is at his most swagger-ish-esque, content to go with the flow and let the events of one wild night unfold as they will; especially if those events involve bi-curious women and promiscuous sex in a Chevy Nova. Gilbere has yet to be on an exact release date for his upcoming 87 Dreams 2 Reality album but he’s assured us fans the calendar won’t turn to October without the project in our collective headphones.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.