If you’re a rapper there’s a lot of things for you to be on. If you’re Big Boi you’re of course on that Krytonite, if you’re Drake you’re simply On One (whatever that is) and if you’re Gilbere Forte you take a much more mellow approach and state I Be On (My Chill). No stranger around these parts – see also his work on our Uncontested EP and his exclusive freestyle – the Philly emcee is known to switch styles like Hugh Hefner switches girlfriends and I Be On is no different. Hell, the beat alone is a lesson in versatility as producer Raak fluctuates between hazy synths, pounding drums and, perhaps most powerfully, near silence. On the mic Mr. Forte is at his most swagger-ish-esque, content to go with the flow and let the events of one wild night unfold as they will; especially if those events involve bi-curious women and promiscuous sex in a Chevy Nova. Gilbere has yet to be on an exact release date for his upcoming 87 Dreams 2 Reality album but he’s assured us fans the calendar won’t turn to October without the project in our collective headphones.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.