Gilbere Forte‘s brought us music for just about every mood over the course of his eclectic tenure in the Booth, but I can’t recall ever hearing him quite as fired up as he gets on his latest effort—single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Adapted from a track off debut project 87 Dreams, this joint finds the Philly repper venting his frustration with the haters who attempt to impede his grind: “Tell me why them motherf*ckers wanna Burn Me Down.” Backed by frequent collaborator Raak‘s swagger-drenched blend of synth-strings, brass and rock guitar, Forte’ drops some of his most aggressive bars in recent memory, pulling no punches as declares his supremacy over the competition: “My life’s a flat chick that I’ma throw some D’s on / Your life’s a dirty whore steady getting’ peed on.” Tyga assists on the guest tip, informing his enemies precisely what they have to look forward to in a sorta-terrifying middle 16: “Push your face into the glass, chop you fast… brillo pad, scrape your ass, put your blood up in a flask.” 87 Dreams to Reality is due out this fall; in the meantime, watch for Gilbere Forte to make an appearance on a forthcoming collaborative project by DJBooth.net and PUMA.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.