Gilbere Forte‘s brought us music for just about every mood over the course of his eclectic tenure in the Booth, but I can’t recall ever hearing him quite as fired up as he gets on his latest effort—single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Adapted from a track off debut project 87 Dreams, this joint finds the Philly repper venting his frustration with the haters who attempt to impede his grind: “Tell me why them motherf*ckers wanna Burn Me Down.” Backed by frequent collaborator Raak‘s swagger-drenched blend of synth-strings, brass and rock guitar, Forte’ drops some of his most aggressive bars in recent memory, pulling no punches as declares his supremacy over the competition: “My life’s a flat chick that I’ma throw some D’s on / Your life’s a dirty whore steady getting’ peed on.” Tyga assists on the guest tip, informing his enemies precisely what they have to look forward to in a sorta-terrifying middle 16: “Push your face into the glass, chop you fast… brillo pad, scrape your ass, put your blood up in a flask.” 87 Dreams to Reality is due out this fall; in the meantime, watch for Gilbere Forte to make an appearance on a forthcoming collaborative project by DJBooth.net and PUMA.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.