Gilbere Forte‘s brought us music for just about every mood over the course of his eclectic tenure in the Booth, but I can’t recall ever hearing him quite as fired up as he gets on his latest effort—single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Adapted from a track off debut project 87 Dreams, this joint finds the Philly repper venting his frustration with the haters who attempt to impede his grind: “Tell me why them motherf*ckers wanna Burn Me Down.” Backed by frequent collaborator Raak‘s swagger-drenched blend of synth-strings, brass and rock guitar, Forte’ drops some of his most aggressive bars in recent memory, pulling no punches as declares his supremacy over the competition: “My life’s a flat chick that I’ma throw some D’s on / Your life’s a dirty whore steady getting’ peed on.” Tyga assists on the guest tip, informing his enemies precisely what they have to look forward to in a sorta-terrifying middle 16: “Push your face into the glass, chop you fast… brillo pad, scrape your ass, put your blood up in a flask.” 87 Dreams to Reality is due out this fall; in the meantime, watch for Gilbere Forte to make an appearance on a forthcoming collaborative project by DJBooth.net and PUMA.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)