Gilbere Forte‘s brought us music for just about every mood over the course of his eclectic tenure in the Booth, but I can’t recall ever hearing him quite as fired up as he gets on his latest effort—single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Adapted from a track off debut project 87 Dreams, this joint finds the Philly repper venting his frustration with the haters who attempt to impede his grind: “Tell me why them motherf*ckers wanna Burn Me Down.” Backed by frequent collaborator Raak‘s swagger-drenched blend of synth-strings, brass and rock guitar, Forte’ drops some of his most aggressive bars in recent memory, pulling no punches as declares his supremacy over the competition: “My life’s a flat chick that I’ma throw some D’s on / Your life’s a dirty whore steady getting’ peed on.” Tyga assists on the guest tip, informing his enemies precisely what they have to look forward to in a sorta-terrifying middle 16: “Push your face into the glass, chop you fast… brillo pad, scrape your ass, put your blood up in a flask.” 87 Dreams to Reality is due out this fall; in the meantime, watch for Gilbere Forte to make an appearance on a forthcoming collaborative project by DJBooth.net and PUMA.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.