Gilbere Forte‘s brought us music for just about every mood over the course of his eclectic tenure in the Booth, but I can’t recall ever hearing him quite as fired up as he gets on his latest effort—single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Adapted from a track off debut project 87 Dreams, this joint finds the Philly repper venting his frustration with the haters who attempt to impede his grind: “Tell me why them motherf*ckers wanna Burn Me Down.” Backed by frequent collaborator Raak‘s swagger-drenched blend of synth-strings, brass and rock guitar, Forte’ drops some of his most aggressive bars in recent memory, pulling no punches as declares his supremacy over the competition: “My life’s a flat chick that I’ma throw some D’s on / Your life’s a dirty whore steady getting’ peed on.” Tyga assists on the guest tip, informing his enemies precisely what they have to look forward to in a sorta-terrifying middle 16: “Push your face into the glass, chop you fast… brillo pad, scrape your ass, put your blood up in a flask.” 87 Dreams to Reality is due out this fall; in the meantime, watch for Gilbere Forte to make an appearance on a forthcoming collaborative project by DJBooth.net and PUMA.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.