For all you Colombian-American film buffs out there, all three of you, you’re probably well aware that the title of DJBooth newcomer Gigio’s latest record Maria Full Of Grace is titled after the film of the same name. Unlike the uber-dramatic film, the Bay Area emcee’s Maria is a lighthearted and even humorous tale of pursuit. Throughout the record, the wordsmith craftily tells the story of Maria, who ends up denying Gigio’s bold advances towards the end of he song. At least he was left with a clever song idea, right? San Fran beatsmith Scalez does a very interesting job on the production end of Maria Full Of Grace as he combines both scratches and vintage Cuban-inspired melodies. In the market for more of Gigio’s unique storytelling? Then check out his upcoming solo album Like You Never Heard Me Before, which will be released this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.