For all you Colombian-American film buffs out there, all three of you, you’re probably well aware that the title of DJBooth newcomer Gigio’s latest record Maria Full Of Grace is titled after the film of the same name. Unlike the uber-dramatic film, the Bay Area emcee’s Maria is a lighthearted and even humorous tale of pursuit. Throughout the record, the wordsmith craftily tells the story of Maria, who ends up denying Gigio’s bold advances towards the end of he song. At least he was left with a clever song idea, right? San Fran beatsmith Scalez does a very interesting job on the production end of Maria Full Of Grace as he combines both scratches and vintage Cuban-inspired melodies. In the market for more of Gigio’s unique storytelling? Then check out his upcoming solo album Like You Never Heard Me Before, which will be released this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.