For all you Colombian-American film buffs out there, all three of you, you’re probably well aware that the title of DJBooth newcomer Gigio’s latest record Maria Full Of Grace is titled after the film of the same name. Unlike the uber-dramatic film, the Bay Area emcee’s Maria is a lighthearted and even humorous tale of pursuit. Throughout the record, the wordsmith craftily tells the story of Maria, who ends up denying Gigio’s bold advances towards the end of he song. At least he was left with a clever song idea, right? San Fran beatsmith Scalez does a very interesting job on the production end of Maria Full Of Grace as he combines both scratches and vintage Cuban-inspired melodies. In the market for more of Gigio’s unique storytelling? Then check out his upcoming solo album Like You Never Heard Me Before, which will be released this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.