When discussing pure ability to rap one of the emcees that deserves to be on the short list of “flawless” is Gift of Gab. From his eargasm causing rhymes on Alphabet Aerobics and Chemical Calisthenics to his soulful and uplifting approach on First In Flight, the California emcee has been blistering microphones for quite a long time, either as a part of his group Blackalicious or solo. After a brief break from the game, Gab is back with a new song called Protocol featuring Samantha Kravitz, from his forthcoming solo album The Next Logical Progression, due out March 27 on Quannum Projects. Gab, whose voice is showing slight signs of aging and his years of vocal performance, takes a few minutes of time to address the new school of largely talentless hacks with a rhythm riding flow that is simple in Gab terms, but probably confounding to the Wiz Khalifa’s, Lil B’s, and Gucci Mane’s of the world. This more than accomplishes its task and should have those who hear it looking at their calendar towards that March 27 release date.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)