When discussing pure ability to rap one of the emcees that deserves to be on the short list of “flawless” is Gift of Gab. From his eargasm causing rhymes on Alphabet Aerobics and Chemical Calisthenics to his soulful and uplifting approach on First In Flight, the California emcee has been blistering microphones for quite a long time, either as a part of his group Blackalicious or solo. After a brief break from the game, Gab is back with a new song called Protocol featuring Samantha Kravitz, from his forthcoming solo album The Next Logical Progression, due out March 27 on Quannum Projects. Gab, whose voice is showing slight signs of aging and his years of vocal performance, takes a few minutes of time to address the new school of largely talentless hacks with a rhythm riding flow that is simple in Gab terms, but probably confounding to the Wiz Khalifa’s, Lil B’s, and Gucci Mane’s of the world. This more than accomplishes its task and should have those who hear it looking at their calendar towards that March 27 release date.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.