While I realize that I’m more likely to be struck dead by lightning while on my way to cash in a 100 million-dollar Powerball ticket than to become a nationally-known celebrity on the strength of my DJBooth.net track reviews, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t, on occasion, daydreamed about superstardom. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in fantasy every now and again but, as Miami emcee (and freestyle series alum) GhostWridah sagely observes on mixtape leak Still Not Famous, the burning desire to be in the spotlight has its share of pitfalls. Over a haunting, piano-driven beat beat by frequent production collaborator Miami Beat Wave (assisted by local hip-hop group ¡Mayday!), Ghost offers his intricately-flowed reflections on the price of success, assuring listeners that he’s got his own priorities straight: “Motherf*ck fame – I’m tryin’ to get me a home.” Here’s hoping the emcee can maintain his philosophical outlook when the bright tomorrow forecasted in the title of his forthcoming street album, In Love With My Future, arrives. The IMFlashy.com/DJBooth.net-cosponsored project has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.