While I realize that I’m more likely to be struck dead by lightning while on my way to cash in a 100 million-dollar Powerball ticket than to become a nationally-known celebrity on the strength of my DJBooth.net track reviews, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t, on occasion, daydreamed about superstardom. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in fantasy every now and again but, as Miami emcee (and freestyle series alum) GhostWridah sagely observes on mixtape leak Still Not Famous, the burning desire to be in the spotlight has its share of pitfalls. Over a haunting, piano-driven beat beat by frequent production collaborator Miami Beat Wave (assisted by local hip-hop group ¡Mayday!), Ghost offers his intricately-flowed reflections on the price of success, assuring listeners that he’s got his own priorities straight: “Motherf*ck fame – I’m tryin’ to get me a home.” Here’s hoping the emcee can maintain his philosophical outlook when the bright tomorrow forecasted in the title of his forthcoming street album, In Love With My Future, arrives. The IMFlashy.com/DJBooth.net-cosponsored project has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.