Sorry to disappoint any, uh, spanking fetishists who may be reading – Ghostwridah‘s latest feature has absolutely nothing to do with sore posteriors. The Red Bottoms referred to on the inaugural leak off the emcee’s forthcoming mixtape are the kind found on all Louboutin high heel shoes, as referenced in Hova‘s I Know. Here, the Miami native calls attention to a seldom-discussed, but very real ailment that preys on the pocketbooks of women and, sometimes, the men who love them: the shopping addiction. Backed by Don Cannon‘s glitzy synth instrumental (and mixed by Miami Beat Wave), Ghost describes the havoc that lavish spending can wreak on the lives of females, from college-aged vixens to thirtysomething mothers. Imploring women with a fetish for luxury goods to step away from the mirror and open their eyes to the bigger picture, the artist sends a lyrical message rarely heard in the appearance-obsessed world of popular music. For more insightful rhymes and hot beats, check out Ghostwridah’s ImFlashy.com/DJBooth.net-cosponsored In Love With My Future mixtape when it drops in early March.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.