Sorry to disappoint any, uh, spanking fetishists who may be reading – Ghostwridah‘s latest feature has absolutely nothing to do with sore posteriors. The Red Bottoms referred to on the inaugural leak off the emcee’s forthcoming mixtape are the kind found on all Louboutin high heel shoes, as referenced in Hova‘s I Know. Here, the Miami native calls attention to a seldom-discussed, but very real ailment that preys on the pocketbooks of women and, sometimes, the men who love them: the shopping addiction. Backed by Don Cannon‘s glitzy synth instrumental (and mixed by Miami Beat Wave), Ghost describes the havoc that lavish spending can wreak on the lives of females, from college-aged vixens to thirtysomething mothers. Imploring women with a fetish for luxury goods to step away from the mirror and open their eyes to the bigger picture, the artist sends a lyrical message rarely heard in the appearance-obsessed world of popular music. For more insightful rhymes and hot beats, check out Ghostwridah’s ImFlashy.com/DJBooth.net-cosponsored In Love With My Future mixtape when it drops in early March.
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.