Sorry to disappoint any, uh, spanking fetishists who may be reading – Ghostwridah‘s latest feature has absolutely nothing to do with sore posteriors. The Red Bottoms referred to on the inaugural leak off the emcee’s forthcoming mixtape are the kind found on all Louboutin high heel shoes, as referenced in Hova‘s I Know. Here, the Miami native calls attention to a seldom-discussed, but very real ailment that preys on the pocketbooks of women and, sometimes, the men who love them: the shopping addiction. Backed by Don Cannon‘s glitzy synth instrumental (and mixed by Miami Beat Wave), Ghost describes the havoc that lavish spending can wreak on the lives of females, from college-aged vixens to thirtysomething mothers. Imploring women with a fetish for luxury goods to step away from the mirror and open their eyes to the bigger picture, the artist sends a lyrical message rarely heard in the appearance-obsessed world of popular music. For more insightful rhymes and hot beats, check out Ghostwridah’s ImFlashy.com/DJBooth.net-cosponsored In Love With My Future mixtape when it drops in early March.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.