What’s changed in the game since ‘96, when an enterprising young emcee by the name of Shawn Carter announced (in the words of his Big Apple neighbor, Nas), “I’m out for dead presidents to represent me.”? Judging by Future Presidents, a newly-reworked version of the classic cut by a trio of Booth favorites, the answer is “everything and nothing”– while rap hopefuls like Miami’s Ghostwridah and Philly reppers STS and Sean Falyon have to grind as hard as ever to make ends meet, the successes of those who preceded them have inspired newcomers to aim for higher plateaus than ever before. Producer Rem strikes a fitting balance between old and new on the production tip, cooking up an ambient, synth-laced take of Ski‘s moody instrumental as the freestyle series alumni share their insights on the hustle. The result, as I think you’ll agree, is simply too dope to be confined to one project – which is why it’ll be appearing on three: Falyon’s SFBE2: West Philly to the World, ‘Wridah’s Angels & Demons and a yet-untitled set by STS. Keep it locked for further details on each!
Written by richard on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.