What’s changed in the game since ‘96, when an enterprising young emcee by the name of Shawn Carter announced (in the words of his Big Apple neighbor, Nas), “I’m out for dead presidents to represent me.”? Judging by Future Presidents, a newly-reworked version of the classic cut by a trio of Booth favorites, the answer is “everything and nothing”– while rap hopefuls like Miami’s Ghostwridah and Philly reppers STS and Sean Falyon have to grind as hard as ever to make ends meet, the successes of those who preceded them have inspired newcomers to aim for higher plateaus than ever before. Producer Rem strikes a fitting balance between old and new on the production tip, cooking up an ambient, synth-laced take of Ski‘s moody instrumental as the freestyle series alumni share their insights on the hustle. The result, as I think you’ll agree, is simply too dope to be confined to one project – which is why it’ll be appearing on three: Falyon’s SFBE2: West Philly to the World, ‘Wridah’s Angels & Demons and a yet-untitled set by STS. Keep it locked for further details on each!
Written by richard on 12/19/10
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)