Whatever your opinion on rappers who glorify violence, I think we can all agree that it’s refreshing when artists choose to promote peace through their music. GhostWridah admits that he used to be a member of the former group – “I once made music that provided negative images of my culture because I felt that was the necessary criteria for a rap artist.” – but has since had a change of heart and committed to keeping things positive. My Brother, the lead single off Miami Beat Wave‘s forthcoming compilation album, finds Ghost and a couple likeminded collaborators linking up for a track dedicated to communities plagued by violence, racism and other ills. Over MBW’s reggae boardwork, Ghost and Miami’s Finest collaborator Smitty (who’s set to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in early 2010) espouse a ‘live and let live’ philosophy in hard-hitting, heartfelt verses. Singer AG Lyon rounds out this cut’s lineup, heightening the Caribbean vibe with a soulful, accented hook and backing vocals. Those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for release details on The Pursuit, as well further info on a forthcoming, DJBooth-presented solo project from GhostWridah.
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.