Miami’s position of power in hip-hop is largely thanks to local artists’ determination to prove that their hometown is much more than the sunny vacation spot many Americans see it as. Up-and-coming emcee GhostWridah, for one, is hoping to play as vital a role in the 305 hip-hop revival as Jay-Z did for NYC rap with the ‘96 release of Reasonable Doubt. Echoing Hova‘s Biggie-assisted Brooklyn’s Finest, Ghost teams up with local veteran Smitty on album leak Miami’s Finest. Producer LowKey lives up to his name on the production tip, proving that the MIA’s got much more to offer than booty-bass and dunk soundtracks. GhostWridah’s debut album, In Love With My Future, has yet to receive a solid release date, but expect the artist’s Booth-exclusive freestyle, set to hit our front page sometime in the next few weeks, to stir up plenty of anticipation among our readership.
Written by Burmy on 09/14/09
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.