Miami’s position of power in hip-hop is largely thanks to local artists’ determination to prove that their hometown is much more than the sunny vacation spot many Americans see it as. Up-and-coming emcee GhostWridah, for one, is hoping to play as vital a role in the 305 hip-hop revival as Jay-Z did for NYC rap with the ‘96 release of Reasonable Doubt. Echoing Hova‘s Biggie-assisted Brooklyn’s Finest, Ghost teams up with local veteran Smitty on album leak Miami’s Finest. Producer LowKey lives up to his name on the production tip, proving that the MIA’s got much more to offer than booty-bass and dunk soundtracks. GhostWridah’s debut album, In Love With My Future, has yet to receive a solid release date, but expect the artist’s Booth-exclusive freestyle, set to hit our front page sometime in the next few weeks, to stir up plenty of anticipation among our readership.
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!