With the uproar after the verdict was announced during the George Zimmerman trial, timing could not have been more fitting for Miami native and DJBooth regular, GhostWridah, to release his latest cut, Long Way Home. The reality is that our youth are dying every day all across America, so Wridah decided to share a personal experience of his while visiting his neighborhood: “Last night while in my old neighborhood… I went down the street to find a 15-year-old kid—in which we all knew well—dead on the sidewalk, feet away from his house. Because he knew these individuals were looking for him, he took the long way home…and ended up being gunned down while trying to make it to his residence. Music is my greatest form of expression. I pray the violence will cease at some point, one day.” Ghost doesn’t hold back as he spits his empathetic bars, while DJ Corbett holds him down the boards. We’ve always been impressed his Wridah’s work, especially his recent album, The Flu Game LP, because he’s no unafraid to make a statement, and today is no different.
Written by Joven Haye on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.