At the time of my writing this, the temperature’s hovering around 90 degrees in GhostWridah‘s native Miami. So, why’s he shivering on his latest feature? Take a listen to I’m Cold and hear for yourself—to put it bluntly, the man’s flows are frostier than an Arctic gale. Coming on the heels of Eyes Closed and Mic Freak, this freshly-released promo single finds the longtime DJBooth favorite showcasing his mastery of the mic and putting opponents on ice as Cameron Wallace channels a little MBDTF-era Kanye on the production tip. (Grimy guitar loop? Check. Heavily-distorted vocal samples? Double check. Melodramatic instrumental bridge? Triple check.) This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already checked out the project can hear more on Wridah’s latest street release, Downtown Lights 2.0, available here for steaming and download. HurryUpAndWait, Cam Wallace’s first release as both emcee and producer, is also out now in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.