At the time of my writing this, the temperature’s hovering around 90 degrees in GhostWridah‘s native Miami. So, why’s he shivering on his latest feature? Take a listen to I’m Cold and hear for yourself—to put it bluntly, the man’s flows are frostier than an Arctic gale. Coming on the heels of Eyes Closed and Mic Freak, this freshly-released promo single finds the longtime DJBooth favorite showcasing his mastery of the mic and putting opponents on ice as Cameron Wallace channels a little MBDTF-era Kanye on the production tip. (Grimy guitar loop? Check. Heavily-distorted vocal samples? Double check. Melodramatic instrumental bridge? Triple check.) This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who haven’t already checked out the project can hear more on Wridah’s latest street release, Downtown Lights 2.0, available here for steaming and download. HurryUpAndWait, Cam Wallace’s first release as both emcee and producer, is also out now in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.