If you’ve been following GhostWridah’s work at the Booth, most notably his highly acclaimed In Love With My Future, you’ll probably already have your gloves up prior to listening. However, if this is your first time hearing the Miami emcee, you are about to experience an uppercut that catches you completely off-guard. With his latest leak Down Goes Frazier, named after Howard Cossell’s famous line from classic boxing match Frazier vs. Foreman, the emcee seems to K.O. his biggest opponent, his critics. Produced by Rem, the instrumental maintains a simple set-up throughout the song, allowing GhostWridah’s voice and lyrics to shine through. This technique helps give a sense of triumph to the track, allowing the listener to make a firm connection with his struggle to make it to the top, and stay there. And with his quick delivery and impressively deep lyricism, making a connection isn’t too hard. If you were as impressed with this effort from GhostWridah as I was, be sure to look out for his upcoming project with Don Cannon, American Alien, due to drop in December.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/26/10
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.