If you’ve been following GhostWridah’s work at the Booth, most notably his highly acclaimed In Love With My Future, you’ll probably already have your gloves up prior to listening. However, if this is your first time hearing the Miami emcee, you are about to experience an uppercut that catches you completely off-guard. With his latest leak Down Goes Frazier, named after Howard Cossell’s famous line from classic boxing match Frazier vs. Foreman, the emcee seems to K.O. his biggest opponent, his critics. Produced by Rem, the instrumental maintains a simple set-up throughout the song, allowing GhostWridah’s voice and lyrics to shine through. This technique helps give a sense of triumph to the track, allowing the listener to make a firm connection with his struggle to make it to the top, and stay there. And with his quick delivery and impressively deep lyricism, making a connection isn’t too hard. If you were as impressed with this effort from GhostWridah as I was, be sure to look out for his upcoming project with Don Cannon, American Alien, due to drop in December.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/26/10
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)