The shortness of life and the importance of making every second count has been a popular theme in the Booth lately; in the last week, both reader-acclaimed rapper K. Sparks and Swiss R&B singer Seven have weighed in on that very topic, and now a spectral emcee’s come all the way from the Great Beyond to share his thoughts. Well, okay, GhostWridah may not be an honest-to-God ghost—he’s alive and kicking in the 305, actually—but that doesn’t make the message of Celebrate Lyfe any less sage. On the newly-leaked mixtape cut (the artist’s first feature since ‘08’s Born & Raised), Wridah shares the live-life-to-its-fullest philosophy that inspired his grind and brought him to where he is today. Beatsmith Lowkey lives up to his name on the production tip, backing the rapper’s laid-back rhymes with a subdued, synth-driven instrumental accented by reverb-drenched guitar riffs. Fans can find more of this ambitious up-and-comer’s meditations on life, music, and his home city on ImFlashy.com Presents: 305s & Heartbreak, set to hit the ‘net soon.
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.