The shortness of life and the importance of making every second count has been a popular theme in the Booth lately; in the last week, both reader-acclaimed rapper K. Sparks and Swiss R&B singer Seven have weighed in on that very topic, and now a spectral emcee’s come all the way from the Great Beyond to share his thoughts. Well, okay, GhostWridah may not be an honest-to-God ghost—he’s alive and kicking in the 305, actually—but that doesn’t make the message of Celebrate Lyfe any less sage. On the newly-leaked mixtape cut (the artist’s first feature since ‘08’s Born & Raised), Wridah shares the live-life-to-its-fullest philosophy that inspired his grind and brought him to where he is today. Beatsmith Lowkey lives up to his name on the production tip, backing the rapper’s laid-back rhymes with a subdued, synth-driven instrumental accented by reverb-drenched guitar riffs. Fans can find more of this ambitious up-and-comer’s meditations on life, music, and his home city on ImFlashy.com Presents: 305s & Heartbreak, set to hit the ‘net soon.
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.