Are we Born Free, or does autonomy come with a price? As with so many of life’s burning questions, it depends entirely on who you are and how you look at it. GhostWridah, for one, is keeping all his bases covered—though he holds liberty as his birthright, the Miami phenom is hustling overtime to put himself and his people in a position to exercise it. An unreleased jam recorded during the artist’s Downtown Lights sessions, this cut finds Tony Galvin flipping a sample from M.I.A.‘s 2010 single of the same title as Ghost spits about the motivations behind his paper chase, from the flossy (“Bugatti next year, and I’m puttin’ two in my order.”) to the profound (“I’m puttin’ in the work to keep my brothers out the mousetrap.”). While this insightful joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked for the latest on Ghost’s forthcoming Flu Game: The Michael Jordan Theory 2 project, as well as clicking here to cop the recently-releasedDowntown Lights 2.0 for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.