Are we Born Free, or does autonomy come with a price? As with so many of life’s burning questions, it depends entirely on who you are and how you look at it. GhostWridah, for one, is keeping all his bases covered—though he holds liberty as his birthright, the Miami phenom is hustling overtime to put himself and his people in a position to exercise it. An unreleased jam recorded during the artist’s Downtown Lights sessions, this cut finds Tony Galvin flipping a sample from M.I.A.‘s 2010 single of the same title as Ghost spits about the motivations behind his paper chase, from the flossy (“Bugatti next year, and I’m puttin’ two in my order.”) to the profound (“I’m puttin’ in the work to keep my brothers out the mousetrap.”). While this insightful joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked for the latest on Ghost’s forthcoming Flu Game: The Michael Jordan Theory 2 project, as well as clicking here to cop the recently-releasedDowntown Lights 2.0 for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.