This past weekend, NBA ballers and hoop fanatics congregated in Houston, Texas for three days of partying and showing out—with a little basketball on the side. While All-Star Weekend, the newly-released lead single off GhostWridah‘s next full-length, bills itself as a “post game wrap-up,” the record features no commentary on Chris Paul’s MVP performance, or the fourth-quarter showdown between Kobe and LeBron. Instead, the Miami-repping reader fave concentrates on the action that took place off the court, describing the lengths to which certain enterprising women will go for the chance of becoming a “basketball wife.” Frequent collaborator Lowkey handles production duties, backing Ghost’s scathing verses with a dreamy blend of strings and choral vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the March arrival of new album Flu Game.
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.