This past weekend, NBA ballers and hoop fanatics congregated in Houston, Texas for three days of partying and showing out—with a little basketball on the side. While All-Star Weekend, the newly-released lead single off GhostWridah‘s next full-length, bills itself as a “post game wrap-up,” the record features no commentary on Chris Paul’s MVP performance, or the fourth-quarter showdown between Kobe and LeBron. Instead, the Miami-repping reader fave concentrates on the action that took place off the court, describing the lengths to which certain enterprising women will go for the chance of becoming a “basketball wife.” Frequent collaborator Lowkey handles production duties, backing Ghost’s scathing verses with a dreamy blend of strings and choral vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the March arrival of new album Flu Game.
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label