Please allow me to smile and let out a huge sigh of relief. I would like to announce that our younger generation IS NOT destined to survive on dumbed down raps and cookie cutter beats. Miami’s own GhostWridah has done something that most of the new school would be probably be petrified to even attempt. And what would that be you ask? Well, GhostWridah can answer that question for you with the visuals for his freestyle cut, 1995. Spit over Milkbone’s Keep It Real, Wridah annihilates the track with a fluctuating cadence reminiscent of the late great Queens wordsmith Big L. My true hip-hop heads will recognize this track as the same one that L made famous with a freestyle of his own. The looped up piano riff that accentuates the track, seemed primed and ready for a new schooler to take it on and GhostWridah does just that without missing a step. Stay on the lookout for GhostWridah’s new LP Downtown Lights, featuring 1995, and is set to arrive next week on May 22.
The L.Y.F.E Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Born & Raised ft. Shawty Lo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.