A few weeks back, we got our first taste of Ghostface‘s next studio album/conceptual project in the form of The Rise of the Ghostface Killah, a record which chronicled the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a spectral assassin following a mafia hit. Newly-released follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) takes us right into the thick of the action, depicting the title character exacting messy revenge on his killers. As indicated in the title, this record comprises two distinct movements, marked by the Adrian Younge-produced beat’s transition from a clattering, guitar-laced groove to a more fleshed-out, piano-led arrangement. A seamless combo of narrative and atmosphere, this cut should only leave listeners more excited for independent full-legnth, 12 Reasons to Die, dropping in a wide variety of formats on Thursday, April 18.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.