A few weeks back, we got our first taste of Ghostface‘s next studio album/conceptual project in the form of The Rise of the Ghostface Killah, a record which chronicled the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a spectral assassin following a mafia hit. Newly-released follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) takes us right into the thick of the action, depicting the title character exacting messy revenge on his killers. As indicated in the title, this record comprises two distinct movements, marked by the Adrian Younge-produced beat’s transition from a clattering, guitar-laced groove to a more fleshed-out, piano-led arrangement. A seamless combo of narrative and atmosphere, this cut should only leave listeners more excited for independent full-legnth, 12 Reasons to Die, dropping in a wide variety of formats on Thursday, April 18.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.