A few weeks back, we got our first taste of Ghostface‘s next studio album/conceptual project in the form of The Rise of the Ghostface Killah, a record which chronicled the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a spectral assassin following a mafia hit. Newly-released follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) takes us right into the thick of the action, depicting the title character exacting messy revenge on his killers. As indicated in the title, this record comprises two distinct movements, marked by the Adrian Younge-produced beat’s transition from a clattering, guitar-laced groove to a more fleshed-out, piano-led arrangement. A seamless combo of narrative and atmosphere, this cut should only leave listeners more excited for independent full-legnth, 12 Reasons to Die, dropping in a wide variety of formats on Thursday, April 18.
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.