A few weeks back, we got our first taste of Ghostface‘s next studio album/conceptual project in the form of The Rise of the Ghostface Killah, a record which chronicled the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a spectral assassin following a mafia hit. Newly-released follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) takes us right into the thick of the action, depicting the title character exacting messy revenge on his killers. As indicated in the title, this record comprises two distinct movements, marked by the Adrian Younge-produced beat’s transition from a clattering, guitar-laced groove to a more fleshed-out, piano-led arrangement. A seamless combo of narrative and atmosphere, this cut should only leave listeners more excited for independent full-legnth, 12 Reasons to Die, dropping in a wide variety of formats on Thursday, April 18.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.