A few weeks back, we got our first taste of Ghostface‘s next studio album/conceptual project in the form of The Rise of the Ghostface Killah, a record which chronicled the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a spectral assassin following a mafia hit. Newly-released follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) takes us right into the thick of the action, depicting the title character exacting messy revenge on his killers. As indicated in the title, this record comprises two distinct movements, marked by the Adrian Younge-produced beat’s transition from a clattering, guitar-laced groove to a more fleshed-out, piano-led arrangement. A seamless combo of narrative and atmosphere, this cut should only leave listeners more excited for independent full-legnth, 12 Reasons to Die, dropping in a wide variety of formats on Thursday, April 18.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Years from now, when we talk about 12 Reasons to Die, we’ll talk about it as a Ghostface Killah album, and understandably so. Ghostface is the one with the Wu-Tang pedigree, the one with the multiple classic albums, the one...
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.