MC Shan passed along the cooking knives for this one, particularly since The Bridge was one of those main course deals back in the day. So when Ghostface Killah payed homage to Shan and sprinkled the famous line “Hip-hop was set out in the dark/ they used to do it out in the park,” into his new song In Tha Park, he was warming the pot for some awesome soup. In fact, Tha Park is the perfect meal for those hungry to keep a certain image of hip-hop alive. Ghostface chefs it up by keeping it thorough with the Queensbridge memento, bringing the lyrical meat and vegetables while Black Thought contributes his usual “I’m from South Philly” flavor. Behind the boards Toronto’s Frank Dukes cooks up some ill production, layering hard guitar over concrete-jungle styled beats, giving fans of both old school style and new school flair more than enough to sink their teeth into. In Tha Park can be heard off of Ghostface’s album, Apollo Kids, which drops tomorrow. Music this winter might just be digestible after all.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.