Whether hero or villain, every comic-book icon needs a dramatic origin story. Thus, it’s only right that on the first single off the Wu Tang veteran’s 10th solo album, one version of which which will come packaged with a digital graphic novel, we get a little insight into The Rise of the Ghostface Killah. Here, project collaborator Adrian Younge‘s spaghetti-western sample work sets an appropriately cinematic mood as the rhymesayer recounts the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a “black superhero, crime boss arch-nemesis” following a botched mob hit. Executive Produced by the RZA himself, Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop this April via Soul Temple Records in conjunction with Black Mask Studios. The album will be available in various formats and editions, including a standard CD, a deluxe double CD set, multiple vinyl formats and even an audio cassette. In the interim, of course, you can keep your browsers locked to the Booth for further song releases off the set.
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.