Whether hero or villain, every comic-book icon needs a dramatic origin story. Thus, it’s only right that on the first single off the Wu Tang veteran’s 10th solo album, one version of which which will come packaged with a digital graphic novel, we get a little insight into The Rise of the Ghostface Killah. Here, project collaborator Adrian Younge‘s spaghetti-western sample work sets an appropriately cinematic mood as the rhymesayer recounts the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a “black superhero, crime boss arch-nemesis” following a botched mob hit. Executive Produced by the RZA himself, Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop this April via Soul Temple Records in conjunction with Black Mask Studios. The album will be available in various formats and editions, including a standard CD, a deluxe double CD set, multiple vinyl formats and even an audio cassette. In the interim, of course, you can keep your browsers locked to the Booth for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Years from now, when we talk about 12 Reasons to Die, we’ll talk about it as a Ghostface Killah album, and understandably so. Ghostface is the one with the Wu-Tang pedigree, the one with the multiple classic albums, the one...
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.