Whether hero or villain, every comic-book icon needs a dramatic origin story. Thus, it’s only right that on the first single off the Wu Tang veteran’s 10th solo album, one version of which which will come packaged with a digital graphic novel, we get a little insight into The Rise of the Ghostface Killah. Here, project collaborator Adrian Younge‘s spaghetti-western sample work sets an appropriately cinematic mood as the rhymesayer recounts the mild-mannered Tony Starks’ transformation into a “black superhero, crime boss arch-nemesis” following a botched mob hit. Executive Produced by the RZA himself, Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop this April via Soul Temple Records in conjunction with Black Mask Studios. The album will be available in various formats and editions, including a standard CD, a deluxe double CD set, multiple vinyl formats and even an audio cassette. In the interim, of course, you can keep your browsers locked to the Booth for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.