This one’s a surefire conversation-starter—Ghostface Killah, member of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan and one of hip-hop’s most renowned storytellers, has hooked up with champagne-popping Autotune fiend/producer Ron Browz on newly-released cut She’s A Killer. Set for inclusion on a yet-unannounced Def Jam project, the record finds ‘face telling your typical tale of love in the club: gulping down Grey Goose at his local spot, he glimpses an enchanting shorty and sets his sights on taking her home for the night. Though these aren’t Tony Stark’s most sophisticated rhymes, the emcee’s inimitable flow is in full effect, and his pop reference-peppered verses make for an entertaining listen. Browz backs the verses with a characteristically minimal, percussion-driven groove and adds a smattering of synths on the hook, which (unfortunately for those who’d rather he stay behind the boards) also features his trademark one-note vocals. I’ll leave it to you, the readers to decide whether Ghostface’s foray into club-hop is a bangin’ success or an unfortunate misstep.
Written by richard on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.