This one’s a surefire conversation-starter—Ghostface Killah, member of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan and one of hip-hop’s most renowned storytellers, has hooked up with champagne-popping Autotune fiend/producer Ron Browz on newly-released cut She’s A Killer. Set for inclusion on a yet-unannounced Def Jam project, the record finds ‘face telling your typical tale of love in the club: gulping down Grey Goose at his local spot, he glimpses an enchanting shorty and sets his sights on taking her home for the night. Though these aren’t Tony Stark’s most sophisticated rhymes, the emcee’s inimitable flow is in full effect, and his pop reference-peppered verses make for an entertaining listen. Browz backs the verses with a characteristically minimal, percussion-driven groove and adds a smattering of synths on the hook, which (unfortunately for those who’d rather he stay behind the boards) also features his trademark one-note vocals. I’ll leave it to you, the readers to decide whether Ghostface’s foray into club-hop is a bangin’ success or an unfortunate misstep.
Written by richard on 05/13/09
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)