This one’s a surefire conversation-starter—Ghostface Killah, member of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan and one of hip-hop’s most renowned storytellers, has hooked up with champagne-popping Autotune fiend/producer Ron Browz on newly-released cut She’s A Killer. Set for inclusion on a yet-unannounced Def Jam project, the record finds ‘face telling your typical tale of love in the club: gulping down Grey Goose at his local spot, he glimpses an enchanting shorty and sets his sights on taking her home for the night. Though these aren’t Tony Stark’s most sophisticated rhymes, the emcee’s inimitable flow is in full effect, and his pop reference-peppered verses make for an entertaining listen. Browz backs the verses with a characteristically minimal, percussion-driven groove and adds a smattering of synths on the hook, which (unfortunately for those who’d rather he stay behind the boards) also features his trademark one-note vocals. I’ll leave it to you, the readers to decide whether Ghostface’s foray into club-hop is a bangin’ success or an unfortunate misstep.
Written by richard on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.