As far as their forthcoming collaborative project is concerned, Ghostface Killah and Adrian Younge are two for two in the Booth. Lead single The Rise of the Ghostface Killah and follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) were both hailed by our readers as classic Starks material. Hoping to make it a hat trick, the Wu-Tang veteran and his production partner have returned to our pages with Enemies, song release number three off the highly-anticipated set. Here, Ghostface steps into the role of a seasoned G schooling a young student in the ways of the streets. Over Younge’s beat, a cinematic, Ennio Morricone-influenced arrangement that crackles with slow-burning intensity, the emcee counsels his charge to watch for danger behind every corner. The Delfonics’ William Hart drives the point home in his guest hook. Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop April 16, via Stone Temple Records, in a wide variety of formats. Fans are also encouraged to check out Younge and Hart’s collaborative full-length, Adrian Younge Presents The Delfonics, out today on Wax Poetics Records.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.