As far as their forthcoming collaborative project is concerned, Ghostface Killah and Adrian Younge are two for two in the Booth. Lead single The Rise of the Ghostface Killah and follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) were both hailed by our readers as classic Starks material. Hoping to make it a hat trick, the Wu-Tang veteran and his production partner have returned to our pages with Enemies, song release number three off the highly-anticipated set. Here, Ghostface steps into the role of a seasoned G schooling a young student in the ways of the streets. Over Younge’s beat, a cinematic, Ennio Morricone-influenced arrangement that crackles with slow-burning intensity, the emcee counsels his charge to watch for danger behind every corner. The Delfonics’ William Hart drives the point home in his guest hook. Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop April 16, via Stone Temple Records, in a wide variety of formats. Fans are also encouraged to check out Younge and Hart’s collaborative full-length, Adrian Younge Presents The Delfonics, out today on Wax Poetics Records.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Years from now, when we talk about 12 Reasons to Die, we’ll talk about it as a Ghostface Killah album, and understandably so. Ghostface is the one with the Wu-Tang pedigree, the one with the multiple classic albums, the one...
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good ft. Amy Winehouse" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.