As far as their forthcoming collaborative project is concerned, Ghostface Killah and Adrian Younge are two for two in the Booth. Lead single The Rise of the Ghostface Killah and follow-up The Sure Shot (Parts One & Two) were both hailed by our readers as classic Starks material. Hoping to make it a hat trick, the Wu-Tang veteran and his production partner have returned to our pages with Enemies, song release number three off the highly-anticipated set. Here, Ghostface steps into the role of a seasoned G schooling a young student in the ways of the streets. Over Younge’s beat, a cinematic, Ennio Morricone-influenced arrangement that crackles with slow-burning intensity, the emcee counsels his charge to watch for danger behind every corner. The Delfonics’ William Hart drives the point home in his guest hook. Twelve Reasons to Die is scheduled to drop April 16, via Stone Temple Records, in a wide variety of formats. Fans are also encouraged to check out Younge and Hart’s collaborative full-length, Adrian Younge Presents The Delfonics, out today on Wax Poetics Records.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Soul Temple Records/RED Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Know I'm No Good" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.