Previously heard lending his flow to Star One‘s September feature, Wanted Man, Ghetts returns to make his solo Booth debut with a brand new promo single. Feel Inside could hardly be a better introduction to the London buzzmaker. Backed by Loudmouth‘s surprisingly smooth, ley-key loops, Ghetts opens up about several subjects that are near and dear to his heart. His single, uninterrupted verse begins with an anecdote in which others’ comments about his appearance prompted him to spend money to fix his crooked grill. He uses that story to illustrate the danger of investing oneself too deeply in others’ opinions, and pledges to resist the urge to conform when it comes to his musical output. Ghetts’ dedication to his vision will undoubtedly score him points with Booth readers, as will his complex, yet conversational mic style. Feel Inside, as mentioned above, is just a promo cut, but those feeling it can stay tuned for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.