Previously heard lending his flow to Star One‘s September feature, Wanted Man, Ghetts returns to make his solo Booth debut with a brand new promo single. Feel Inside could hardly be a better introduction to the London buzzmaker. Backed by Loudmouth‘s surprisingly smooth, ley-key loops, Ghetts opens up about several subjects that are near and dear to his heart. His single, uninterrupted verse begins with an anecdote in which others’ comments about his appearance prompted him to spend money to fix his crooked grill. He uses that story to illustrate the danger of investing oneself too deeply in others’ opinions, and pledges to resist the urge to conform when it comes to his musical output. Ghetts’ dedication to his vision will undoubtedly score him points with Booth readers, as will his complex, yet conversational mic style. Feel Inside, as mentioned above, is just a promo cut, but those feeling it can stay tuned for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.