Previously heard lending his flow to Star One‘s September feature, Wanted Man, Ghetts returns to make his solo Booth debut with a brand new promo single. Feel Inside could hardly be a better introduction to the London buzzmaker. Backed by Loudmouth‘s surprisingly smooth, ley-key loops, Ghetts opens up about several subjects that are near and dear to his heart. His single, uninterrupted verse begins with an anecdote in which others’ comments about his appearance prompted him to spend money to fix his crooked grill. He uses that story to illustrate the danger of investing oneself too deeply in others’ opinions, and pledges to resist the urge to conform when it comes to his musical output. Ghetts’ dedication to his vision will undoubtedly score him points with Booth readers, as will his complex, yet conversational mic style. Feel Inside, as mentioned above, is just a promo cut, but those feeling it can stay tuned for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.