Having made a name for himself as a member of Termanology‘s ST. Da Squad, Lawrence, Massachusetts emcee Ghetto (side note: is anyone else surprised we haven’t featured a rapper by that name before now?) is getting ready to take center stage with the impending release of solo mixtape Trunk Music. Star of Da Show, the up-and-comer’s latest single and first Booth feature finds him spitting verses centered around his favorite topic (and, according to MySpace, his sole musical influence): money. Ghetto describes his hustle for cash with more panache than most, lacing the track with hard-nosed quotables like “N*ggas testin’ my skills, sayin’ I can’t rap/ That’s like sayin’ a n*gga with hands can’t clap.” and Northeastern heavyweight Statik Selektah adds to the freshness on the production trip, serving up a lush, upbeat sampled instrumental featuring catchy flute and bell accents. Does Ghetto have the star power necessary to make it to the top? This compulsively head-nodding cut is definitely a good omen, but we’ll have to wait till the rapper’s new mixtape hits the ‘net to find out for sure
Written by richard on 11/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Level" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)