Sick and tired of the same-old jams that dominate both the mainstream and the underground, three hip-hop heavyweights have joined forces to shake up the status quo. The first Booth feature from the Get Busy Committee finds veteran emcees Ryu (Styles of Beyond, Demigodz) and Apathy (Demigodz, Army of the Pharaohs) and rapper/superproducer Scoop Deville Chillin Out and Maxin outside the school, shooting some hoops – among other things. Over Scoop and Apathy’s retro-informed, cymbal-heavy groove (complete with a few hilariously reconfigured samples from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme), the threesome deliver bars laced with tongue-in-cheek threats and cleverly convoluted boasts. (“We bring the noise like Flava, we’re major/ you’re minor like Southeast Asia – I’m China”) Craving more? The GBC’s self-produced, self-funded and self-released debut set, Uzi Does It is out now in a number of unusual forms – T-Shirt, collectible toy, uzi-shaped USB stick... – and is set to hit Amazon, iMusic and all other online retailers Nov. 10.
Listen to More: Get Busy Committee
Written by richard on 11/5/09
Tokyo Sex Whale Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dancin' on Ya Grave" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.