Fresh off contemplating life, religion and the struggle on The Missing Piece, Gerald Walker put himself under the microscope on his latest promo cut (and potential mixtape inclusion). Over the pensive production of J. LBS, the Chicago-born, Milwaukee-based emcee reflects upon the various mental Shackles he must shake off before he can achieve his full potential. While it is as yet unknown whether this record will appear on the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Walker’sThe Other Half of Letting Go mixtape, coming soon via Grand Hustle.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.