Fresh off contemplating life, religion and the struggle on The Missing Piece, Gerald Walker put himself under the microscope on his latest promo cut (and potential mixtape inclusion). Over the pensive production of J. LBS, the Chicago-born, Milwaukee-based emcee reflects upon the various mental Shackles he must shake off before he can achieve his full potential. While it is as yet unknown whether this record will appear on the project, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to like on Walker’sThe Other Half of Letting Go mixtape, coming soon via Grand Hustle.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.