Windy City up-and-comer Gerald Walker‘s Booth debut found him toking up with a couple reader-approved cohorts, but don’t think for a second that the ganja’s dulled his will to succeed—when it comes to the musical grind, he’s always Ready to GO! On his latest mixtape leak, the emcee reveals that, underneath his weed-loving, womanizing exterior lies… a weed-smoking womanizer who’s destined for greatness. Flexing his laid-back, conversational flow over Tone Dickens’ jazzy old-school instrumental, the up-and-comer touts his skills and tells off the haters in verses packed with memorable similes (“You’re useless like a handbrake on a canoe.”). Walker’s Atmosphere name-drop is sure to score him points with my fellow Minneap…olitans (Minneapolites?), but it’s his unflappably confident mic presence that’ll win over heads nationwide. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more on the Gerald Walker’s Evening Out With Your Girlfriend mixtape, set to drop September 8th.
Listen to More: Gerald Walker
Written by richard on 08/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.