Windy City up-and-comer Gerald Walker‘s Booth debut found him toking up with a couple reader-approved cohorts, but don’t think for a second that the ganja’s dulled his will to succeed—when it comes to the musical grind, he’s always Ready to GO! On his latest mixtape leak, the emcee reveals that, underneath his weed-loving, womanizing exterior lies… a weed-smoking womanizer who’s destined for greatness. Flexing his laid-back, conversational flow over Tone Dickens’ jazzy old-school instrumental, the up-and-comer touts his skills and tells off the haters in verses packed with memorable similes (“You’re useless like a handbrake on a canoe.”). Walker’s Atmosphere name-drop is sure to score him points with my fellow Minneap…olitans (Minneapolites?), but it’s his unflappably confident mic presence that’ll win over heads nationwide. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more on the Gerald Walker’s Evening Out With Your Girlfriend mixtape, set to drop September 8th.
Listen to More: Gerald Walker
Written by richard on 08/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.