Windy City up-and-comer Gerald Walker‘s Booth debut found him toking up with a couple reader-approved cohorts, but don’t think for a second that the ganja’s dulled his will to succeed—when it comes to the musical grind, he’s always Ready to GO! On his latest mixtape leak, the emcee reveals that, underneath his weed-loving, womanizing exterior lies… a weed-smoking womanizer who’s destined for greatness. Flexing his laid-back, conversational flow over Tone Dickens’ jazzy old-school instrumental, the up-and-comer touts his skills and tells off the haters in verses packed with memorable similes (“You’re useless like a handbrake on a canoe.”). Walker’s Atmosphere name-drop is sure to score him points with my fellow Minneap…olitans (Minneapolites?), but it’s his unflappably confident mic presence that’ll win over heads nationwide. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more on the Gerald Walker’s Evening Out With Your Girlfriend mixtape, set to drop September 8th.
Listen to More: Gerald Walker
Written by richard on 08/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)