Gerald Walker only has One Life to Live, so he isn’t letting a second go to waste. But unlike most proponents of the “YOLO” philosophy, for whom The Motto serves as license to do dumb sh*t, the Milwaukee emcee has decided to use his precious time for a greater purpose: namely, laying the groundwork for his impending takeover of the rap game. On the latest single off his next mixtape, Walker illuminates his daily struggles to stick to the script and remain focused, while avoiding distractions and tempting shortcuts. Yung Dev provides an airy, synth-driven instrumental to back the artist’s introspective, yet engaging bars. Walker’s forthcoming street album has yet to receive either a title or a drop date. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out Pizzle‘s new Insomnia II tape, which features a guest appearance from the Cream City mainstay?
Written by richard on 04/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.