Gerald Walker only has One Life to Live, so he isn’t letting a second go to waste. But unlike most proponents of the “YOLO” philosophy, for whom The Motto serves as license to do dumb sh*t, the Milwaukee emcee has decided to use his precious time for a greater purpose: namely, laying the groundwork for his impending takeover of the rap game. On the latest single off his next mixtape, Walker illuminates his daily struggles to stick to the script and remain focused, while avoiding distractions and tempting shortcuts. Yung Dev provides an airy, synth-driven instrumental to back the artist’s introspective, yet engaging bars. Walker’s forthcoming street album has yet to receive either a title or a drop date. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out Pizzle‘s new Insomnia II tape, which features a guest appearance from the Cream City mainstay?
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.