Gerald Walker only has One Life to Live, so he isn’t letting a second go to waste. But unlike most proponents of the “YOLO” philosophy, for whom The Motto serves as license to do dumb sh*t, the Milwaukee emcee has decided to use his precious time for a greater purpose: namely, laying the groundwork for his impending takeover of the rap game. On the latest single off his next mixtape, Walker illuminates his daily struggles to stick to the script and remain focused, while avoiding distractions and tempting shortcuts. Yung Dev provides an airy, synth-driven instrumental to back the artist’s introspective, yet engaging bars. Walker’s forthcoming street album has yet to receive either a title or a drop date. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out Pizzle‘s new Insomnia II tape, which features a guest appearance from the Cream City mainstay?
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.