In the profit-obsessed world of rap, it’s fashionable to claim that you value currency above all else—including romantic relationships, free time, and sometimes even the music. Gerald Walker isn’t quite that obsessed, but he does like his scrilla, as he makes abundantly clear on the latest song release off his debut set. On Make Money, Knxwledge‘s low-key chopped-sample beat (complete with a thematically-appropriate snippet from Clipse‘s We Get Money) sets the mood as the Milwaukee emcee shares some dynamically-flowed reflections on the paper chase, before switching gears to address a woman in his life. Target has yet to be assigned a spot on the One Step at a Time Music release calendar, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.