Though it often seems like emcees who truly keep it one-hundred are becoming an endangered species, Gerald Walker is proud to count himself among their number. On the latest release off his forthcoming, DJBooth.net/Diamond Supply Co.-presented mixtape, the Milwaukee repper assures us that “It’s All Real,” and proceeds to prove his assertion, dropping heavily-influenced Midwestern verses packed with Grade-A truth over Cardo‘s smooth production. For more realness, check out Walker’s latest street album, The Other Half of Letting Go, when it hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download next Tuesday, the 20th.
Written by richard on 09/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.