Though it often seems like emcees who truly keep it one-hundred are becoming an endangered species, Gerald Walker is proud to count himself among their number. On the latest release off his forthcoming, DJBooth.net/Diamond Supply Co.-presented mixtape, the Milwaukee repper assures us that “It’s All Real,” and proceeds to prove his assertion, dropping heavily-influenced Midwestern verses packed with Grade-A truth over Cardo‘s smooth production. For more realness, check out Walker’s latest street album, The Other Half of Letting Go, when it hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download next Tuesday, the 20th.
Written by richard on 09/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.