There’s no reward for being a hater beyond the sadistic thrill of knowing you’ve gotten under someone’s skin. When your target is living too well to even acknowledge your disses, it starts to become pathetic… OK, more pathetic. On newly-released EP inclusion Here’s to Us, Gerald Walker lets potential critics know just how little hope they have of dampening his spirits: “You can’t tell me nothing, take a look at my life / I’ve got everything a player needs…” Having dealt with his detractors, the Milwaukee repper raises a glass to his homies, lacing RMB Justize‘s low-key synth grooves with bars celebrating the loyalty his friends and family have demonstrated throughout his career. Windy City neighbor Shye grabs the mic to shout-out a few of his own homies and supporters on the final verse, and singer Jack Freeman drives the point home with a smooth, self-satisfied chorus. Fans will be able to find this celebratory banger and much more on Walker and Cardo‘s On Your Side Part Deux EP, coming September 27, via OSAT Music.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.