There’s no reward for being a hater beyond the sadistic thrill of knowing you’ve gotten under someone’s skin. When your target is living too well to even acknowledge your disses, it starts to become pathetic… OK, more pathetic. On newly-released EP inclusion Here’s to Us, Gerald Walker lets potential critics know just how little hope they have of dampening his spirits: “You can’t tell me nothing, take a look at my life / I’ve got everything a player needs…” Having dealt with his detractors, the Milwaukee repper raises a glass to his homies, lacing RMB Justize‘s low-key synth grooves with bars celebrating the loyalty his friends and family have demonstrated throughout his career. Windy City neighbor Shye grabs the mic to shout-out a few of his own homies and supporters on the final verse, and singer Jack Freeman drives the point home with a smooth, self-satisfied chorus. Fans will be able to find this celebratory banger and much more on Walker and Cardo‘s On Your Side Part Deux EP, coming September 27, via OSAT Music.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.