There’s no reward for being a hater beyond the sadistic thrill of knowing you’ve gotten under someone’s skin. When your target is living too well to even acknowledge your disses, it starts to become pathetic… OK, more pathetic. On newly-released EP inclusion Here’s to Us, Gerald Walker lets potential critics know just how little hope they have of dampening his spirits: “You can’t tell me nothing, take a look at my life / I’ve got everything a player needs…” Having dealt with his detractors, the Milwaukee repper raises a glass to his homies, lacing RMB Justize‘s low-key synth grooves with bars celebrating the loyalty his friends and family have demonstrated throughout his career. Windy City neighbor Shye grabs the mic to shout-out a few of his own homies and supporters on the final verse, and singer Jack Freeman drives the point home with a smooth, self-satisfied chorus. Fans will be able to find this celebratory banger and much more on Walker and Cardo‘s On Your Side Part Deux EP, coming September 27, via OSAT Music.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.