If you haven’t guessed from the title, Gerald Walker‘s first feature centers around that most classic of hip-hop pastimes: rolling through the city streets with a couple friends and a few fine women, enjoying some quality weed. Though the concept’s not a new one, the execution couldn’t be better calibrated to turn heads in the Booth. While Walker’s mellow bars don’t fail to impress, it’s the other three collaborators’ contributions that’ll really get readers talking; High finds Slot-A once again manning the boards as Bullet and Add-2 rock the mic, but his beat has little in common with either the futuristic tracks he’s cooked up for the former or the Kanye-influenced boardwork with which he backed the latter’s Booth debut—the piano-synth instrumental he delivers here actually has more of a West Coast flavor, and the guest emcees come with (relatively) chilled-out rhymes to match. An impressive show of versatility from three familiar faces and the perfect introduction to a promising newcomer, this cut can be found on the Gerald Walker’s Evening Out With Your Girlfriend LP, set to drop September 8th.
Written by richard on 08/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready to GO!" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)