If you haven’t guessed from the title, Gerald Walker‘s first feature centers around that most classic of hip-hop pastimes: rolling through the city streets with a couple friends and a few fine women, enjoying some quality weed. Though the concept’s not a new one, the execution couldn’t be better calibrated to turn heads in the Booth. While Walker’s mellow bars don’t fail to impress, it’s the other three collaborators’ contributions that’ll really get readers talking; High finds Slot-A once again manning the boards as Bullet and Add-2 rock the mic, but his beat has little in common with either the futuristic tracks he’s cooked up for the former or the Kanye-influenced boardwork with which he backed the latter’s Booth debut—the piano-synth instrumental he delivers here actually has more of a West Coast flavor, and the guest emcees come with (relatively) chilled-out rhymes to match. An impressive show of versatility from three familiar faces and the perfect introduction to a promising newcomer, this cut can be found on the Gerald Walker’s Evening Out With Your Girlfriend LP, set to drop September 8th.
Written by richard on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ready to GO!" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.