Before today, I didn’t even know that there was such a thing as a Snake Skin Tie – and, to be honest, the idea strikes me as a little more weird than cool (I mean, would you trust a guy wearing part of a cobra around his neck?). The Gent$, however, are clearly more stylish men than I, so I’m going to have to defer to their opinion in matters of fashion. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first leak off the Chi-town trio’s forthcoming street album (and their first group feature) finds emcees Pugs Atomz (“The good Gent,” and the rapper behind the Booth-sponsored Stormy mixtape) and Ill Legit (“The slick Gent”) giving listeners a lesson on looking fresh and partying hard, flowing over the minimalistically cool synth boardwork of singer/producer Wes Restless (“The soulful Gent”). Brimming with suave braggadocio and oddball punchlines (“Fine dining, bet she never had caviar/ blowin’ blueberry till we’re looking like Avatar”), Snake Skin Tie is a Booth debut that listeners won’t soon forget. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page for release info on the Gent$’ yet-untitled mixtape, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/25/10
Submit your Rating
Enohes Music/State and Madison
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Award Tour [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.