Before today, I didn’t even know that there was such a thing as a Snake Skin Tie – and, to be honest, the idea strikes me as a little more weird than cool (I mean, would you trust a guy wearing part of a cobra around his neck?). The Gent$, however, are clearly more stylish men than I, so I’m going to have to defer to their opinion in matters of fashion. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first leak off the Chi-town trio’s forthcoming street album (and their first group feature) finds emcees Pugs Atomz (“The good Gent,” and the rapper behind the Booth-sponsored Stormy mixtape) and Ill Legit (“The slick Gent”) giving listeners a lesson on looking fresh and partying hard, flowing over the minimalistically cool synth boardwork of singer/producer Wes Restless (“The soulful Gent”). Brimming with suave braggadocio and oddball punchlines (“Fine dining, bet she never had caviar/ blowin’ blueberry till we’re looking like Avatar”), Snake Skin Tie is a Booth debut that listeners won’t soon forget. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page for release info on the Gent$’ yet-untitled mixtape, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/25/10
Submit your Rating
Enohes Music/State and Madison
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Award Tour [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)