Before today, I didn’t even know that there was such a thing as a Snake Skin Tie – and, to be honest, the idea strikes me as a little more weird than cool (I mean, would you trust a guy wearing part of a cobra around his neck?). The Gent$, however, are clearly more stylish men than I, so I’m going to have to defer to their opinion in matters of fashion. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the first leak off the Chi-town trio’s forthcoming street album (and their first group feature) finds emcees Pugs Atomz (“The good Gent,” and the rapper behind the Booth-sponsored Stormy mixtape) and Ill Legit (“The slick Gent”) giving listeners a lesson on looking fresh and partying hard, flowing over the minimalistically cool synth boardwork of singer/producer Wes Restless (“The soulful Gent”). Brimming with suave braggadocio and oddball punchlines (“Fine dining, bet she never had caviar/ blowin’ blueberry till we’re looking like Avatar”), Snake Skin Tie is a Booth debut that listeners won’t soon forget. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our front page for release info on the Gent$’ yet-untitled mixtape, as well as all the latest tunes.
Enohes Music/State and Madison
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Award Tour [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.