If there’s one thing that everyone can agree is simply great, Ice Cream is it. Well, everyone except for the lactose intolerant. And vegans. Guess I didn’t think that one through so well; especially since the latest mixtape leak from Windy City trio The Gent$, making its world premiere in the Booth, doesn’t actually have anything to do with the frozen dessert. Instead, the cut finds Pugs Atomz, Ill Legit and Wes Restless on a quest to sample every “flavor” of woman on the planet. Over Anton Genius’ blurting synth-bass and laid-back percussion, the Gent$ and guest emcee Awdazcate deliver one food-related double-entendre after another; if you’re the kind of person who finds puns like “Cheerio – you’re a cereal killer” hilarious (and I most definitely am), there’s a good chance you’ll love what the Chi-town representatives serve up here. Does Ice Cream have you screaming for more? Be sure to check out the Gent$’ DJBooth.net-hosted High Profile mixtape, arriving on our front page April 28.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Enohes Music/State and Madison
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Skin Tie" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.