If there’s one thing that everyone can agree is simply great, Ice Cream is it. Well, everyone except for the lactose intolerant. And vegans. Guess I didn’t think that one through so well; especially since the latest mixtape leak from Windy City trio The Gent$, making its world premiere in the Booth, doesn’t actually have anything to do with the frozen dessert. Instead, the cut finds Pugs Atomz, Ill Legit and Wes Restless on a quest to sample every “flavor” of woman on the planet. Over Anton Genius’ blurting synth-bass and laid-back percussion, the Gent$ and guest emcee Awdazcate deliver one food-related double-entendre after another; if you’re the kind of person who finds puns like “Cheerio – you’re a cereal killer” hilarious (and I most definitely am), there’s a good chance you’ll love what the Chi-town representatives serve up here. Does Ice Cream have you screaming for more? Be sure to check out the Gent$’ DJBooth.net-hosted High Profile mixtape, arriving on our front page April 28.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
Enohes Music/State and Madison
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Skin Tie" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.