When people say that money talks, they’re usually asking someone to prove the value of their words by putting their pocketbook on the line. Planet Asia takes the idiom in a more literal direction on the lead single off his collaborative set with Gensu Dean, imagining the Faces on the Dollar encouraging him as he goes about his ceaseless paper chase. Over the Mello Music Group beatsmith’s piano loops and slow-rolling rhythm section, the Fresno stalwart chronicles his ongoing efforts to achieve “legendary status,” with all the worldly wealth that implies. Packing guest appearances by Tragedy Khadafi, David Banner and more, the duo’s Abrasions LP is pre-orderable here in anticipation of its February 26, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.